Cooking fish with acid has never been a big thing for me; it sits in the twilight zone between raw (I like good sashimi) and cooked (grilled, panfried, steamed, it's all good).
For me, ceviche, ika mata etc. rarely hit the heights of deliciousness "properly" cooked fish achieves, so I almost never cook fish with acid, though I will sometimes order it at a restaurant if it looks good as an entree.
I think it's mostly to do with the texture (which I find less attractive) & the acid (which tends to drown out the flavour of the fish).
I've always loved cooking fish with acid, but also found with this one, after draining the acid and drowning in coconut milk, the lime didn't really shine through much.
Not big on fish but can cope with it when it is battered or crumbed, So, the thought of eating raw fish fills me with horror. People used to go on about eating oysters as akin to the meaning of life; so I once tried one but it was a horrible experience--like gagging down a bad smelling snot-ball.
We are visiting Samoa (Samoa Samoa) in January, so I am hoping for pork and lots of fruit.
Draining the acid before eating? That's a good idea. I'll have to give it a try sometime.