Good music does not age .....
This is a portion of a 'breaks' or break-beat set..... it is around 10 years old .....and is by a New Zealand dj called Pete Gordon.
He's still one of my favorite Dj s despite being in semi-retirement for quite a while now.
The photo is from a outdoor wellington dance party held in the bush (Rimutuka national park)........
It was called "Resurrection" in reference that there had been a few years break since the legendary MuMu lands and 'check-point charlie' which set amazing standards.....( check-point charlie had the most PA equipment with the highest wattage , the biggest Lazer & lighting show, the most mirror balls, rigging etc and generally the most outdoor party equipment ever assembled in one Zone in a New Zealand outdoor electronic dance party at the time) .... True sensory overload in every way.
'The gathering' which was then the premier outdoor electronica event in New Zealand at that point of our history had more gear overall ..... but spread over multi-zones
Resurrection was the start of a Wellington outdoor resurrection that evolved into "the Wairongomai Ball" and then "The forest".
Pete Gordon was the opening Dj at Resurrection....
In this Breaks set of his the tune at the end explains what ' Break- beats' is ....
Its hard not to like this music as it features 'the cow bell",..... "the 303 assassin machine" .... and "The Drop" ................. much respect Pete :) :0
Here are 10 'poisons' in the true sense of the word ......... for some reason the World Health Organization forgot to put meth on there.....
The current levels at which a house is considered 'contaminated' with meth is one two millionth of a gram .5ug .......... over an area of 10square centimeters.
By my rough maths a child would have to lick 250 sq meters of walls and floors to ingest 100th of a gram.
They would get lead poisoning trying to do that .....
"By today’s standards – and the CDC’s latest guideline of 5 – that’s terrifyingly lax. And the bar just keeps dropping; no safe blood lead level has yet been identified.
Hinton found that even by 1988 standards, which seem so loose in hindsight, almost 60% of the 260 preschoolers tested had slightly or significantly elevated blood lead levels. Further, a third of babies younger than 10 months had slightly elevated levels, and a quarter of schoolchildren had slightly or significantly elevated levels. "
"When you have a large population exposed, you don’t know what’s going to be the effect for any individual, but you can predict with horrifying accuracy what the effects will be across the entire population.”
When lead is ingested or inhaled, it travels to the bloodstream and accumulates in the bones. It is then re-released into the system, meaning a child or adult exposed to too much lead may be re-exposed long after the original exposure.
EFFECTS ON ADULTS
• Can damage the brain, affect fertility, increase the risk of miscarriage or stillbirth, and raise blood pressure. In pregnant women, lead can cross the placenta and damage the fetus. Also linked to anaemia, seizures, hearing loss, nausea, fatigue.
• Possible symptoms: headaches, irritability, aggressive behaviour, insomnia, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, constipation, anaemia.
• Lead-based paint peeling off or being unsafely removed from your house or a neighbour’s. Previous shoddy renovations.
• Soil and house dust.
• Food (lead particles can coat the skin of vegetables; wash before eating).
• Lead-painted toys or furniture, some Ayurvedic and Chinese herbal medicines.
• Pica: children eating dirt or paint.
• Hobbies: particularly indoor shooting and leadlighting.
• Drinking water from lead pipes.
EFFECTS ON CHILDREN
• Can be permanent and irreversible.
• Low levels are often undetected: no obvious symptoms. Child might be fatigued, irritable, losing weight, pale or weak.
• Can lead to learning disabilities, diminished IQ, behavioural problems, malformed bones, organ damage, hearing problems, slow growth.
• Very high levels can cause seizures, coma, death."
half a million homes are estimated to be 'contaminated' .........................
I seem to remember suicides being reported as overtaking car accidents as the leading cause of death for young males quite a while ago …..
But I may have my stats confused as I also seem to recall assults resulting in facial reconstuction surgery overtaking car accidents.as the primary reason for such operations.
In my opiniion the amount of violence is directly related to the amount of anger people have and feel… Alcohol feeds the fire.
Suicide for many is a loss of hope …………..
Sometimes seeing how it could have been …………. compared to how it is
can break your spirit.
Our western ‘civilization’ has been grinding down and wrecking Indiginous cultures and families everywhere we have colonized.
They were right and we were wrong ………. You should not ‘own’ the land and exploit it as you see fit.
Society should be about The People, The People, The People
"whosz is the mouth with the say, hey ?
who has all the force in the games that power play?"
"square gin take the pain away ....... for real " https://soundcloud.com/pete-dnanz/vlc-record-2016-05-02-06h39m01s-track-13
My favorite Cannabis song.
" Come and sit with me where it's peaceful,
escape the rulers to all evil."
Wairoa healing ............... https://soundcloud.com/pete-dnanz/vlc-record-2016-05-07-15h27m52s-track-6-copy
A song to john and don https://soundcloud.com/pete-dnanz/aint-no-kiwi-john-and-don
first try at posting this ....