It could be that arguments based on the geographical location of post-digitisation carriers are too easily brushed aside by the managerial classes. Some other useful questions of the proponents might include:
• What progress has been made on the digitisation and on-line access targets laid out at the merger?
• What other options for Christchurch housing have been examined?
• How will the format-specific technical expertise and knowledge of staff in Christchurch and Auckland be replicated under the proposed arrangements?
• What does RNZ think?
• What do Māori broadcasters (especially iwi radio stations) think?
• What has caused NTSV to go from an operating surplus of $1.144,452, net capital assets of $6,285,144 and working capital of $853,219 at June 2015 (source NSTV Annual Report 2014-15) to a state where it apparently cannot afford to maintain Christchurch and Auckland premises?
• How many HR staff does it take to turn off the lights?